Tuesday 24 May 2011

A couple from an Evening wander

I popped out last Thursday evening for an hour or so to check on progress of the orchids at my local patch.  The Bee Orchids are just starting to show their heads, and the Spotteds are getting on with it now.  Just one was in bloom was out, nestled down in the undergrowth.


Nothing special, but I am looking forward to a lot more to come in the forthcoming weeks.

A little further away in the same area, I found a few Burnet Moth cases on grass stems and some of the caterpillars before they have turned into the chrysalis.

This one was set up quite nicely with the only challenge being the wind blowing the stem around.


With the very strong winds that we have here at the moment, I was glad to make the effort to get out after a busy day at work, even if it was for only an hour.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment